Pajama Day (Class Book)

Hi, it's me!
 Last time I blogged, it was to ask for input about having a student teacher. I got so much good advice! I've been away from my blog for a bit for two reasons. First, I was told I was getting a student teacher (this wonderful woman who has been my aide. We were so excited!). However, between my district and her university somehow the contract couldn't be worked out. Disappoint and a little anger followed. I still can hardly believe that someone messed this up so badly! So, I'm not getting to have her as a student teacher after all. There is a lucky teacher in a neighboring district that will hopefully have a fabulous next 8 weeks with her new student teacher. I was so upset! Secondly, my class is difficult as I've said before. Most days lately I've wanted to come home and leave school behind. But...

today was Pajama Day!
A day of fun!

I decided to push math a little later in the day and start off with a fun pajama project since I knew my class would be excited. After school I finally got to go through and match pictures and writing and really enjoy reading what the kids wrote. Some of these just had to be shared!

Take a look at Spidey!

Happy pajamas! I laughed out loud. Guess my pajamas would be happy if they were this colorful too!



 I didn't realize until the end of the day that the color he wrote about wasn't reflected in his picture. Oops! He comes up with some really neat ideas to add to discussions or when he draws.


Little Miss Cupcake Pajamas!



I was quite impressed with this one! This little sweetie struggles to read CVC words. She puts forth great effort but is very low. I thought she did great!

I just love making class books with my students! And they love it too! I've never made this particular book before but it's a keeper. This was fun and just what we (me included) needed right about now.

I introduced it with this fabulous story

Do you make books with your class? If so, what are some of your favorite ones?

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments

  1. I love the idea of making big books with my class but whenever we do they bomb. I don't know why? I must be doing something wrong.

    I love Pajama Day, too. It's always so relaxed. Your kids did a great job with their descriptions:)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much!

Back to Top